November 9th Project
Since its inception, Sixth & I has served many roles in the community. We are a forum for exploring ideas and engaging in spirited and passionate conversations across differences. We’re also a spiritual home, embracing religious values of pursuing justice and upholding the integrity of all fellow human beings. Our programming probes the nuances of beliefs and issues that matter to people personally, spiritually, professionally, and civically.
On November 9, 2016, Sixth & I launched the November 9th Project—our attempt to envision a path forward for our country.
Through constructive opportunities for dialogue, activism, and education we will broaden and deepen relationships between people who think differently from each other, offer solidarity with vulnerable populations, and explore the intricacies of the issues and perspectives that shape and impact our lives.
Past November 9th Project programs include:
- Post-Election Gathering
- In Shabbat We Trust: Friday Night Services
- A Gathering of Strength
- In Shabbat We Trust: Sabbath Day Pass
- Speaking Out for Refugees with HIAS
- Finding Strength in the New Year with Jewish Women International
- Washington Confidential: For Employees of the Federal Government
- How Trump Could Build an Autocracy
- Lean Right: A Conservative Collective
- Chris Hayes