Sixth & I
- This event has passed.
Are you a woman who prides herself on being responsible? If you exercise, lean in, wear sunscreen, check homework, call your parents and cleanse, are you also prepared for life’s legal challenges?
Where’s your will? Who will raise your kids if something happens to you? Did your live-in boyfriend lose his job? Did your boss just compliment your figure, again? Does your housekeeper want to collect benefits? Throughout their busy lives, women may encounter a range of legal issues—issues they are almost never prepared to face.
So, what do you do? Meet Lisa Green, legal life coach. A cross between Suze Orman and Nora Ephron, Lisa’s witty and easy-to-follow book, On Your Case: A Comprehensive, Compassionate (and Only Slightly Bossy) Legal Guide for Every Stage of a Woman’s Life, explains the simple legal steps you can take now to protect yourself and your family when it comes to:
- Relationships—the legal aspects of dating and cohabitating, from protections and warnings for dot-com daters to palimony and the “no nup.”
- Marriage—what (and how) to share when it comes to taxes, accounts, and assets; the pre- and post-nup; common law marriage, overseas marriage, and domestic partnerships.
- Separation and Divorce—property division, alimony, child support, custody
- Children—reproductive rights, surrogacy, egg donors, and adoption; bullying and sexting
- Employment—office discrimination; working while pregnant and breastfeeding at work; hiring, firing and being fired
Women count on other women for advice on health, work and family issues. But for women who don’t have ready access to a trusted lawyer, Lisa steps in to identify the all-too-common problems women face and those the law can help solve. Book signing to follow.
More Info: Twitter
Dec 7, 2023 • 7:30 pm ET
JOSH THOMAS – LET’S TIDY UP
Dec 13, 2023 • 7:00 pm ET
In Conversation with Mark Leibovich
Jan 11, 2024 • 7:00 pm ET
Rabbi Sharon Brous
Jan 18, 2024 • 7:00 pm ET
Jan 30, 2024 • 7:00 pm ET
Feb 1, 2024 • 8:00 pm ET
Sarah Jarosz: Polaroid Lovers Tour
with The Ballroom Thieves
Feb 22, 2024 • 8:00 pm ET
DESTIN CONRAD – SUBMISSIVE TOUR