Programs, prices, and dates are subject to change. To purchase tickets online or by phone, please refer to the “How to Purchase” section located on each event’s page. Ticket providers and phone numbers vary by event. Additional fees may apply.
All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. There are no refunds unless an event is canceled. If you are unable to use your tickets, you may transfer them to another person. To transfer a ticket, contact the appropriate program department.
We do not keep a waiting list for sold out events. We do not condone purchasing or re-selling tickets through third-party sites. Invalid tickets sold through third-party sites will not be honored by Sixth & I.
Seating is general admission, first come, first served. We encourage you to arrive early to allow enough time to move through the queue and security check.
Box Office and Will-Call: Day of Event
- Information on when doors open for will-call, sales (if the event is not sold out), and the bar is noted in the “Doors Open” section on each event’s page.
- Building signage will indicate where to line up to enter the building.
- Sales: Only tickets to that evening’s event may be purchased, if the event has not sold out.
- Will-Call: Pre-purchased tickets may be picked up only on the day of the event, beginning when doors open for the event. A valid photo ID that matches the name on the credit card used to purchase the ticket(s) is most often required for pick-up.
Event Policies & Services
- Photo Policy: Flash photography and detachable lenses are not allowed. Photos permitted with non-professional point and shoot cameras and cell phones are often permitted – specific photo restrictions will be announced at each event.
- Filming/Recording: Filming or audio recording of events by audience members is strictly prohibited.
- Filming/Recording/Photography by Sixth & I: Sixth & I programs may be filmed, audio recorded, and/or photographed for archival and/or other purposes. Your attendance in the audience shall be deemed your consent to appear in such recordings/photography without compensation of any kind.
- Press: If you are a member of the press interested in covering an event, submit your request at least 24 hours in advance of the event to Michelle Eider. Press passes are limited and subject to the approval of talent and Sixth & I. Press passes are not granted on site without prior approval.
- Accessibility: Our accessible entrance is located at 606 I Street; please call 202.408.3100 to make arrangements ahead of time.
- Sign Language Interpreter: If you would like to request a sign language interpreter for the event, contact the appropriate program department at least two weeks before the event date.
- Concession Sales: At select events, beer, wine, soft drinks, and water are available for purchase.
- Lost and Found: If you lost an item here, please call 202.408.3100 during business hours to see if it has been turned in.
- Directions and Parking: Sixth & I does not have a parking lot. For information on how to reach us and suggestions for nearby paid parking lots, click here.
Security Procedures & Policies
Sixth & I reserves the right to remove from our premises and/or refuse entry to anyone who fails to abide by our rules and policies, in our sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, anyone who disrupts or threatens to disrupt a program or other audience members’ ability to experience the program.
- Prior to entering the venue, all guests and their belongings will be searched to ensure that restricted items outlined below do not enter the building.
- Please leave valuables and other unnecessary items at home.
- All alcohol and narcotic laws will be strictly enforced. No smoking or drug use of any kind is permitted in the building, including the use of e-cigarettes and vaporizers.
The following items are NOT permitted in our building:
- Bags over 12” x 12” x 6” (including large backpacks, Camelbacks, Bota bags or luggage)
- Outside food, take-out containers, alcohol, or drinks (excluding sealed plastic water bottles and empty plastic or metal water bottles for refilling at our water fountain)
- Weapons of any kind (including firearms, pocket knives, pepper spray/mace, fireworks, knitting needles, or items that are deemed to be potentially dangerous, etc.)
- Replicas of any type of weapon
- Jewelry or clothing that could inflict harm
- Masks, laser pointers, air horns, or whistles
- Illegal drugs or substances (including drug paraphernalia)
- Glass items of any kind (including bottles, food containers, etc.)
- Personal video cameras, Go-Pros, selfie sticks, or drones
- Professional photography or video equipment (including detachable lenses, tripods, zooms or commercial use rigs)
- Stuffed animals or toys of any kind
- Balloons, flammable liquids, or aerosol cans
- Signs, flags, banners, or posters