Welcoming You to Sixth & I
We’re looking forward to seeing you in our sanctuary and online. As events go on sale, information indicating whether the event has a virtual attendance option will be noted on each individual event page.
Programs, prices, and dates are subject to change. To purchase tickets, refer to the “How to Purchase” section on each event’s page. Additional fees may apply.
Seating is general admission, first come, first served. We encourage you to arrive early to allow enough time to move through security and to have the best seating options.
All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. There are no refunds unless an event is canceled.
- If you are unable to use your ticket, you may transfer the ticket to another person. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
- To switch your in-person ticket to a virtual ticket for the same event (if applicable), click here for step-by-step instructions.
We do not keep a wait list for sold-out events. We do not condone purchasing or re-selling tickets through third-party sites. Invalid tickets sold through third-party sites will not be honored by Sixth & I.
Ticket age limit: All guests two years and older are required to have a ticket. Unless specified on the event page, events are all ages.
Many of our talks have a virtual streaming option, which will be indicated on the event’s web page. To make your virtual experience as seamless as possible, please log on to programs a few minutes early to resolve any home internet issues. If you are experiencing technical difficulty during a virtual event, please email our virtual help desk or reply to the Eventbrite confirmation email you received prior to the event.
- Code of Conduct: To help provide a safe and productive environment for our events, please review our Code of Conduct prior to attending.
- Photo Policy: Photo policies are at the artist’s discretion and vary for each event. Flash photography, professional cameras with detachable or zoom lenses, video equipment, Go-Pros, selfie sticks, and tripods are not allowed. Generally, photos are permitted with non-professional point and shoot cameras and cell phones; restrictions may apply.
- Sixth & I Video/Audio Recording and Photography: Sixth & I programs may be filmed, audio recorded, and/or photographed for archival and/or other purposes. Your attendance in the audience shall be deemed your consent to appear in such recordings/photography without compensation of any kind.
- Press: If you are a member of the press interested in covering an event, submit your request at least 24 hours in advance to Michelle Eider. Press passes are limited and subject to the approval of the artist and Sixth & I. Press passes are not granted on site without prior approval.
- Lost and Found: If you lost an item, please call 202.408.3100 during business hours to see if it has been turned in. Lost items are kept for a maximum of 10 days.
- Directions and Parking: Sixth & I does not have a parking lot. For information on how to reach us and suggestions for nearby paid parking lots, click here.
- Pets: Only service animals are allowed inside the building.
Sixth & I is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for our guests. We reserve the right to refuse entry, or remove anyone from our premises, at our sole discretion. This includes, but is not limited to, anyone who is intoxicated, disruptive, threatening, or refuses a security check. With questions about these policies, please contact Brian Graber.
- All guests and bags will be searched upon entry.
- Guests may be asked to provide identification, remove hats, coats, scarves or to empty pockets for examination.
- To speed up the security screening, please leave prohibited items (see below), valuables, large bags, and other unnecessary items at home.
- Prohibited items will be denied or confiscated.
- All alcohol and narcotic laws will be strictly enforced.
- No smoking or illegal substance use of any kind is permitted on the premises, including the use of e-cigarettes and vaporizers.
- Sixth & I reserves the right to alter our security procedures, policies, and prohibited items at any time.
- Weapons of any kind under any circumstance (including firearms, knives, pepper spray/mace, fireworks, or items that are deemed to be potentially dangerous including jewelry or clothing that could inflict harm)
- Replicas of any type of weapon
- Alcohol, illegal drugs or substances (including drug paraphernalia)
- All glass items
- Luggage and bags over 18”x12”x8”, camelbacks, Bota bags, and flasks
- Professional photography or video equipment (e.g. cameras with detachable lenses, tripods, zooms, or commercial-use rigs)
- Personal video cameras, Go-Pros, selfie sticks, or drones
- Masks, laser pointers, air horns, or whistles
- Signs, flags, banners, posters, or balloons
- Flammable liquids or aerosol cans
- Stuffed animals and wrapped gifts
- Other items as deemed inappropriate by Sixth & I security or event staff
Food and Beverage Policy
- Beverages will only be for sale at select events.
- No outside food is allowed to be eaten in the building. Only water bottles with a secure lid are allowed into the sanctuary. Reusable water bottles must be empty upon entering Sixth & I and when being scanned at security. They can then be refilled at our bottle filling station just outside the social hall.
- Food allowed: Unopened factory-sealed snacks, whole fruits, gum, candy, and empty plastic food containers as long as they fit in the guest’s bag.
- Food not allowed: Anything that could be easily opened and eaten during the event, such as to-go containers, opened snack items, as well as any allowed food items that do not fit in the guest’s bag.
If you have a question about a specific religious program or class, please contact Eve.