- This event has passed.
This program does not include a book signing. All books will include a signed bookplate.
When facing life’s questions, who do you turn to for advice? We all need mentors, particularly when the odds seem stacked against us. Four-time #1 bestselling author Tim Ferriss tracked down more than 100 eclectic experts to help him, and you, navigate life. In Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World, he shares their secrets for success, meaning, and more.
Mentors include Neil Gaiman, Ashton Kutcher, Dita Von Teese, Marc Benioff, Evan Williams, Brandon Stanton, Esther Perel, Darren Aronofsky, Steve Aoki, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Stephanie McMahon, Craig Newmark, Gretchen Rubin, Laura Walker, Linda Rottenberg, Jesse Williams, and more.
In Tribe of Mentors, you will learn:
• Why TED curator Chris Anderson thinks “pursue your passion” is terrible advice
• Why Arianna Huffington recommends that you regularly scramble apps on your phone
• The three books legendary investor Ray Dalio recommends most often
• The meditation and mindfulness practices of David Lynch, Jimmy Fallon, and Sharon Salzberg
• Why renowned designer Debbie Millman believes in therapy but not in work-life balance
Ferriss is the author of The 4-Hour Workweek, The 4-Hour Body, The 4-Hour Chef, and Tools of Titans. He is the host of The Tim Ferriss Show, the first business/interview podcast to pass 100 million downloads.
Jul 19, 2018 • 7:00 pm
In Conversation with Tim Wendel
Jul 24, 2018 • 7:00 pm
Trivia Under the Stars
Location: Wunder Garten, 1101 First Street, NE
Jul 25, 2018 • 8:00 pm
with Oh He Dead
Jul 31, 2018 • 8:00 pm
Us the Duo: The Together Tour – Summer 2018
with Justin Nozuka
Aug 8, 2018 • 7:00 pm
Aug 19, 2018 • 2:00 pm
UCB Intro to Improv
Aug 19, 2018 • 7:00 pm
Upright Citizens Brigade Touring Company
Aug 23, 2018 • 8:00 pm
The Greatest Generation
Sep 6, 2018 • 7:00 pm
Yuval Noah Harari
Sep 8, 2018 • 7:30 pm
Sep 20, 2018 • 7:00 pm
Sep 25, 2018 • 8:00 pm
An Evening with Beth Hart
Special Solo Performance